We offer big 5 safaris in the Inverdoorn Game Reserve near Cape Town, South Africa. Here you can experience Africa’s largest wild animals such as elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, buffalos, giraffes, cheetahs and many more. You can make use of your own transport or our shuttle service.
Information at a glance and day safari highlights:
- Rates: from ZAR 2590 per person including shuttle service
- Rates: from ZAR 1320 per person with own transport
- Departure: 6:15am – 7:00am
- Return: approximately 18:00pm
- Drive through South Africa’s Cape winelands
- Fruit and wine region of Ceres
- Little Karoo
- Welcome drink upon arrival at the game reserve
- 2 hour safari in open 4x4
- Experienced ranger
- Walk with giraffes (at rangers discretion)
- Visit to a lion enclosure (lion protection program)
- Lunch at the Boma Restaurant or outdoors
- Relax at inviting pools in summer or at a warm fire place in winter
- Return to Cape Town via the Huguenot tunnel and wine region
We will pick you up early in the morning from your accommodation in Cape Town, and after about a two hour drive will arrive at the Big 5, where your long-awaited safari will take place. This trip is the quickest and most convenient way for Cape Town tourists to experience the Big 5 animals of Africa in the wild. Please be advised that you do not need to be concerned about Malaria as the Western Cape of South Africa is not a Malaria zone.
After two exciting hours in the open safari vehicle, we will be arriving back at the safari lodge, where you can sit back and enjoy a hearty meal.
Your tour guide will then take you back to Cape Town, marking the end of what is sure to be an unforgettable day in South Africa.
This safari tour can also be booked in combination with a one or two-night stay, giving you the opportunity of spotting nocturnal wildlife such as leopards.
Additionally we offer a discounted tour rate whereby you make use of your own transport to and from the Inverdoorn Game Reserve. This is especially worth it for larger families.
We look forward to hearing from you and should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Your Cape Town Big 5 Safari Team